A Lobster Roll reminds me of the East Coast in Canada. I also find myself smiling at the reminder of the first time I ate Lobster and instantly knew it was something special.
This Homemade Lobster Roll recipe is easy to make and it enhances the wonderful and delicate taste of lobster without going overboard. You can choose to buy your Lobster fresh or pre-cooked. If you are going with pre-cooked there is no need to steam it just let it come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before dressing it. Enjoy!
- 2 1 lbs Lobster
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons dill finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Split-Top Hot Dog Buns
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- Using a pot large enough to submerge an entire lobster, fill with about 2 inches of water and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, add 1 teaspoon Salt to the water and add live lobsters, head first, and cover tightly with a lid
- Stream for 12 minutes (if you are using larger lobsters, add 3 minutes per pound thereafter) then remove and set aside to cool
- Add in second lobster and repeat steps 2 and 3 above (no need to add additional salt)
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill and chives
- Once lobsters are cool enough to handle, remove meat from lobsters and chop into chunks
- Add lobster meat to mayonnaise mixture and stir gently to combine
- Brush hot dog bun sides with melted butter and grill using a fry pan until golden on both sides
- To serve, divide lobster meat mixture among 4 buns and enjoy!