God how I love french fries, especially the fried home made french fries. But I had to find a way to eat more of them with less of the frying. That’s how these Oven Baked Italian Fries recipe was born.
Even though these are cooked in the oven, they turn out crispy every time – and I am actually starting to enjoy them more than I did with their friend counterpart. The addition of the Parmesan cheese adds another dimension to the recipe that will keep you coming back for more.
Now I am not saying go ahead and eat 10 pounds of this stuff, but you will be able to eat them without so much of a viscous battle later on. Don’t forget to pair them with my Japanese Spicy Mayo!
Oven Baked Italian Fries
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Peel potatoes and slice lengthwise into 1/3 inch-thick slices and place in a large bowl
- Add olive oil, parsley, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese and mix well
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Spread the fries out onto the parchment paper evenly and bake on the middle rack of the oven until the potatoes are tender on the inside and golden brown on the outside, tossing every 15 minutes for 45 to 50 minutes total
Leave a Reply