The secret to success has always been in the details. In this case the details is this Korean BBQ Marinade. It can be used on beef short ribs, tofu, tempeh, and even vegetables. Once on the grill, the sauce caramelizes and provides a smoky, savory, somewhat sweet flavor. If you are like me and like to dabble in the exciting world of Korean flavours, you will find you have most of the ingredients already on hand.
This is the perfect marinade for my Kalbi (Korean BBQ Beef Short Ribs) recipe. Marinade on my friends, marinade on!
Korean BBQ Marinade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh Asian pear juice or puree optional
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1-2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
- Pour into a zip top bag with protein and/or vegetables of choice
- Marinade at least over night for full flavour and tenderness